Watch this video to see how Sara turns a small plastic tub into a suitable enclosure. The tub in this video is too small to be a permanent enclosure but this technique can be applied easily to a larger tub.
Let’s review the key points
- Locking lid
- Belly heat covers at least half of the bottom of the tub
- Thermostat runs the belly heat with the probe INSIDE and taped to the floor
- Thermometer and Hygrometer monitor the inside conditions
- TWO hides that are small and enclosed
- water dish in the center so it sits ontop of the belly to evaporate and provide a source of humidity
- Substrate – a puppy pad with paper on top. Please do not use paper towels as they can be accidentally ingested.